Download the Conference App
We’ve built a mobile app for Missouri Early Learning! It has all the important information you’ll need for the event, along with features to enhance your event experience.
Here are just a few benefits and reasons why you don’t want to miss out on the app:
- Access the event schedule and all session descriptions
- See your own personalized schedule at a glance
- See all the speakers, read their bios, and download their handouts and presentations
- Check out the exhibitors and locate their booths as well as breakout rooms more easily through interactive maps
- Get important updates, exciting offers, and opportunities to win prizes through Push Notifications
- Evaluate all sessions you attend and the conference as a whole digitally in mere minutes.
If you downloaded the app for last year’s Missouri Early Learning Conference, you won’t have to download it again this year. The app will be updated in the App Store several weeks before this year’s conference.
If you did not download the app last year, follow the process below:
Step 1: download the app and complete the app login prior to your arrival at this year’s conference!
The easiest method is to open the email that will be sent to you by the conference office several weeks before the conference begins, as it contains an individualized link for you or go to directly. This can be used on a phone or tablet.
Don’t have iOS or Android? Using a laptop instead? We will also provide a mobile web version of the app, and we will give you that URL prior to the conference.
Step 2: Download your session materials
In our efforts to go green, most presenters (but not all) have provided us with their materials in advance.
You can find them via:
- the app (session handouts icon or session descriptions on the schedule page of the app)
- URL link (we will post the link for you to use to access materials prior to the conference)
Call the MU Conference Office at (573) 882-4349, or toll free at (866) 682-6663; or E-mail email@example.com.
Or for technical advice regarding the app call: 1-888-889-3069 x 1
We have people sign up for sessions when they register so we can place the most popular sessions in larger rooms to prevent overcrowding and to give you confidence that you will have a seat in all the sessions for which you sign up.
As far as the 2017 conference goes, we will let you know on this site and via e-mail in advance of the conference how we’re going to handle requests to change sessions. If most of the sessions have seats available as we get close to the conference dates, we will let you know that if you wish to change sessions from one for which you originally signed up, you will be able to do so without informing us at the conference registration desk. In this case, those sessions that are full, or mostly full, will have door monitors who will ask you to show your schedule or ticket to get in.
If a number of sessions are full, we will let you know in advance about our ticket exchange policy, which will allow you to exchange a ticket for another session at the same time if there are seats still available. Either way (whether we need to institute a ticket exchange process for this year’s conference or not), we will keep you informed. Be assured that we will work hard to make sure you get to attend the sessions you really want to attend!
Meals, Author’s Luncheons, and Storytellers, Oh My!
At the Missouri Early Learning Conference, we have always offered coffee and hot tea in the mornings and refreshments at the afternoon break, and we will continue to do so. Last year, in response to feedback we received on our conference surveys, we added lunch on both days, and that was a big hit!
However, many people who did not attend the Author’s Luncheons felt that the break in the middle of the day was still too long. So, once again, we have listened to you, and we have revised the conference schedule to make sure you don’t get bored!
Here’s the new plan for 2017. We will run two lunch shifts in the middle of each day. You can:
- Eat on the first lunch shift, from 10:55 to 11:40 a.m. You will then have 50 minutes before your second breakout session begins. During this break time, you can of course visit the exhibits in the Exhibit Hall, but we have also added a new feature for your entertainment during this time–a professional story-teller! You can drop in and listen for as long as you like (no ticket required). You will then attend one of the five B Round breakout sessions (E Round on Friday) for 1st lunch shift attendees. OR…
- Eat on the second lunch shift. In this case, you will choose from one of five session options during the B Round of breakout sessions (E Round on Friday). The B sessions will last from 10:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. You will then go to lunch from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. You will then have a 50 minute break before your C Round session (F on Friday) begins at 2:05 p.m. During this time, you will have the same options as people who ate on the first lunch shift: visit the Exhibit Hall or go listen to the storyteller.
- The final option is to attend that day’s Author’s Luncheon and listen to a well-known children’s author speak after you eat (there is a $19 extra fee for attending the Author’s Luncheon). The Author’s Luncheon lasts from 10:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. The first 30 minutes of the Luncheon is the meal, and the speaker talks for the final 45 minutes. If you choose the Author’s Luncheon option, you also still get to sign up for a B Round breakout session (E on Friday), from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. (the Author’s Luncheon takes the place of the visit the exhibits/listen to the storyteller option).
One added benefit of the new schedule is that the last round of sessions will end at 3:20 p.m., 25 minutes earlier than last year!
You can sign up for the same lunch option each day, or attend the first lunch shift one day and the second lunch shift another day. We’re flexible!
The Missouri Early Learning Conference is an approved conference for receiving professional development clock hours through the OPEN Initiative. If you need to document your attendance at conference sessions in order to get credit, please make sure to provide your name and MOPD ID number on the attendance sheet after each of your sessions.
By attending all sessions, you can amass up to 11.5 hours of professional development (one hour for each keynote, 1.25 hours for each breakout session, and one hour for each optional Author’s Luncheon you attend).
The Missouri Early Learning Conference will be held regardless of weather conditions, and no refunds will be given due to inclement weather. We regret that we must adhere strictly to this policy.
E-Mail Contact Lists
By registering, you give your permission to distribute your name and contact information to conference attendees and vendors. If you prefer not to be included in these distributed lists, please include a written request with your registration for your contact information to be omitted.
Registrants of the Missouri Early Learning Conference agree to allow Educational Solutions International and its official media specialist to photograph or video them in the context of the conference. Footage captured may be used in future print and electronic promotional and archival materials. For questions or concerns, please call (573) 882-4349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.